Monday, July 11, 2011

Letchworth State Park : Exploring the falls

Today we ventured out into the trails of the park to see the falls and the gorge.  The park itself stretches out 26 miles from one end to the other so there was a lot of driving to get around.  Good thing, because it was *really* hot today.


 This made for a nice picture.  Almost good enough for a Christmas card photo.  hmmm....
 This one?  Not so Christmas card worthy, but certainly not too bad.  My new haircut is really a pain. Short hair makes my hair unruly and very hair to keep decent looking.  Oh, and I should probably burn that t-shirt when I get home.  Not so flattering.  But I digress....




I can't remember if this was the upper, middle or lower falls, but I think it was the middle falls.

 We had to walks LOTS of stairs to get there.  whew!!
 We did get to see a pretty rainbow by the falls though.
 These are the upper falls.


 For all of our hiking, we rewarded ourselves with a big (huge!) ice cream cone and some playtime at the park.  Remember how Zachary's ice cream fell off his cone within several minutes of getting it??  Luckily the ice cream lady was nice and gave him another scoop... in a bowl.