Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sidecut Metropark

Today was the celebration of the new ice skating rink at Sidecut park and also to show off the portable lighting for the area.  Luckily, it was one of the only snowy days we've had this season!!  There was enough snow for sledding, but the ice rink was definately not even near frozen.

It was pretty cool because they had s'mores for everyone.  Make your own, at one of the really big fire pits.


I think this is my new favorite photo place!  Look at this awesome tree, so many options!

 Here I am modeling my new ski jacket.  Snazzy eh?

 A handsome, rugged, young man!

The kids thought the s'mores and hot chocolate were delicious!

This is how crowded the sledding hill was.  It was fun, but I have never seen so many people here!  It's too bad they had to advertise this event because I liked the sledding hill to be our little secret :)

 Part of the event was ice sculpting.  Very pretty.

 

After sledding my little man was just too tired (aka, lazy) to walk to the truck.   Luckily Sydney pitched in and gave her bro a ride.