Friday, March 04, 2011

Skiing Breck

We spent our first day of skiing on our trip at Breckenridge.  I really like Breck because there are many peaks to ski on, all in a row - that makes it seem easily to navigate (or maybe just easier to read the map, because we did end up getting lost a few time!).  Lots of varied terrain.  We even got to venture up a t-bar to the peak of one of the mountains were a windy, freezing bowl awaited us!  In addition to the normal cold windy weather that is usually there, we also got to experience quite a bit of snowfall on occasion.  Seems like one of the peaks would have snow blowing, and the other would be sunny.  We did ski the whole resort and enjoyed most of it.  The most memorial experience of the day though was when I did a face plant.  I was following Alan though some trees and I got my ski tip caught on a little tree.  Then I immediately plowed face first into the snow - very hard.  I checked my teeth right away, and was relived to found out they were all still there.  I did get a fat lip though, and black bruise under my lip.  It also hurt my ribs on one side.  But I survived.  Eventually. :)
For dinner we went to our fav "Downstairs at Eric's" and enjoyed a pitcher of beer, burgers and fries.  uggh, we were pretty stuffed by the time we left.  After we got back to our condo, we enjoyed the warm waters of our hot tub.  It sure felt good!