Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

It's that time again!... Halloween is here.  Although it means a huge bag of candy, it also means the holiday season is just a month away!  In fact, I just made our reservations for the Nutcracker tonight.  For tonight though, I am enjoying make believe and lots of orange and spooks.
We had some pretty artistic pumpkins this year.  First up is Alan's pumpkin, and mine (with the angry eyebrows!).
Zack and Sydney's silly design came out relly good also.
 I left work early today, but still I was rushing around like crazy getting everything ready for trick or treating tonight.  I was putting Zack's zombie makeup on 5 minutes before it was time to go!
 Here is our zombie and devil girl.
Grandpa looks like he is ready to scare some kids!!  haha
 The weather tonight was less than desirable - around 45 degrees and drizzly.  boo!  But that didn't stop the kids from running from house to house.
I have to give myself a pat on the back - this zombie looked pretty awesome!!
After trick or treating, the kids dumped out their bags and sorted everything out.

 Next it was time to make candy-me's!

After all that, Zack still had to take a shower to de-zombie-fy himself.  They got to bed late.  I have a feeling Zack might still be having those dark circles under his eyes tomorrow!!

Note to myself for future reference: we used up one huge bag of candy from Sam's club, and then a second huge bag was opened.  We have about 90% of the second bag left, so probably better to get a couple smaller bags next time, in case we want to return the left overs!