Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sydney's family b-day party

It was a beautiful day. We spent the whole day laying by the pool and playing in the water. I'm so excited because the pool is clean! Let's hope I can keep it that way...

We invited over Grandma & Grandpa and also Uncle Brian, Aunt Andrea, Ian and Brandon for a cookout and birthday celebration.

Sydney was very excited to get another accessory for her Zhu Zhu pets.

She also got a pair of earrings, now that she isn't afraid to change them anymore ;)

I am usually one to make an elaborate birthday cake, but quite frankly I was all "birthday-ed" out by the time this party came along. I had made her cupcakes last weekend (which I still think are pretty darn hard to make - mine always look terrible!!) and some Puppy Chow to take to school. So we decided to get a cookie cake instead. I was thrilled when she was actually really excited about getting a cookie cake.

After the festivities it was time to head out for some more fun in the pool. This time the big kids got in too, and a pool noodle ensued.

It got pretty rough out there, but Zack and Sydney held their own with a water gun to defend themselves. They got pretty good at shooting water in peoples faces!

I don't think we could have asked for a nicer start to our summer. I'm sure Zack will be a more confident (or maybe just crazy) swimmer this year.

Sydney quickly picked up right where she left off in her swimming skills.