Monday, October 26, 2009

My big race day!


The day I have been training for all summer has arrived. The 10K run! I made it my goal this year to not only run a 5K with Jennifer, but also to run a 10K. Alan agreed to run it with me, and he did. Look at us - we're Team Willford!! :)
It was a chilly run at the Racing For Recovery event, 39 degrees at start time I think. Thank god we had hats and gloves. There were only 80 runners in the 10K event, and 191 runners in the 5K event.

The results were:
54 30/38 339 Alan Willford 42 M 57:27 9:15
55 25/42 340 Lisa Willford 41 F 57:27 9:15

That's a time of 57 mins, 27 seconds. We laughed because I ranked 4th in my age division! yippie!! oh, but there were only 4 in my age division, so technically I was last in my age division - and so was Alan because he ran so slow with me! hahaha oh well, you have to start someplace. My only goal was to finish under an hour, so I was still thrilled with my results :) Next year... a half marathon. Destined to be Alan's slowest time ever!!
**** Update - the final results were posted and I now noticed that someone took 1 hour, 4 minutes to finish - making her 5th in my division. Whew! Ditto with Alan's group, 1 person was slower than him too. I love not being last!!