Saturday, August 01, 2009

Demolition Derby at the Fair

Tonight we went to the Lucas County Fair and saw the demolition derby! I had no idea what to expect. When I first saw the space I was surprised how small the area was they there were driving around in.. and they had 8 car in there! I quickly found myself rooting for the cars and smash-ups. It was a lot of fun!! It reminded me a lot of Battlebots (what a great show!) and of course bumper cars. We saw several cars come up over the barriers. One car caught on fire and we also got to see pickup trucks competing. The show was almost two hours long, but definately a night of fun!





Number 47 was the winner of the derby.


The car was still moving up until the point he got pinned in - amazing since the back and front of his car were smashed up in the air, and the passenger door was too!