Wednesday, May 24, 2006

What a way to start the day...

I know someday we'll look back at this stuff and laugh, so I better write it down now! Some mornings go well in our house, others go like this...
6:10 - music starts to play, waking me up
6:11 - hit snooze, too tired this morning. I'll just skip the hairwashing and snooze a bit longer...
6:15 - a loud call from Sydney's room: "Mommy!!"
"What honey?"
"I peed my bed!!!"
6:16 - strip down bed, tell Sydney that Mommy needs to shower and get ready for work, so try to be quiet and not wake up Zack.
6:30 - Sydney is up so early that she starts to pack her lunch. Puts Fruit Snacks in lunchbox as breakfast food.
7:05 - Sydney is playing in Zacks room as Zack has his morning bottle. Sydney starts to play with one of Zack's blankets and claims it as her own. Zack finishes bottle and sees blanket, wants to play with it. Sydney throws a fit because Zack has "her" blanket. I tell her to go cry someplace else because I don't want to hear it... she runs to Daddy sobbing. Tells Daddy that Mommy is being mean.
7:30 - We're in the kitchen now, trying to get everyone ready to get out the door on time for a change. Sydney is told that Fruit Snacks are not breakfast food. Sydney goes into 2nd fit of the morning, bawling at the top of her lungs. Once again she is removed from the room so we don't have to listen to her.
7:35 - Sydney retains her composure and decides to join us again.
7:40 - Sydney is putting on her shoes and shoves Zack out of the way, causing Zack to cry.
8:10 - Mom deposits both kids at daycare and runs off to work, trying to destress and get some work done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!....